WRTG 391 students,
Your first writing assignment in WRTG 391 will be a Summary of Research Findings. Please watch the video– How to Read and Comprehend Scientific Research Articles: Summary of Research Findings. The video is linked to in the Content for this week. In addition, please read over the Template for Taking Notes on Research Articles.
Respond to this discussion topic by answering the following questions.
- Name three strategies that you use to motivate yourself to overcome difficulties when learning and researching.
- In your opinion, what is the most important step to take when reading research articles? According to the material you’ve watched and read, what is the most important step to take when reading research articles?
- What obstacles make finding “meaning” difficult when reading a research article? What suggestions from the video and the template will help one to overcome these obstacles to meaning?
- What research topic do you think that you will focus upon for this semester’s work? Why?
- After watching the first two library tutorials, please find two articles on your chosen research topic that review and give the findings of a research study. In responding to this discussion topic, give the author(s), the title of the article, and a brief one- or two-sentence description of the research study and its findings.
The activity in this last task will help you get started on your Summary of Research Findings, which is writing assignment #1.