1) According to your powerpoint/lecture and Jonathan Katz’s “The Invention of Heterosexuality” – if women enjoyed sex how were they perceived?
2) According to your reading on “The Five Sexes” – Michel Foucault discusses the concept of biopower and all the ways in which physicians have developed knowledge – how does this fit into his theory of PANOPTICISM?
3) List two points general points about gender and race from the article “Chicas Cholas and Trash” –
4) According to your lectures and readings –
a) why is it important to include LGBTQ identities in sex education?
b) why is it important to include desire?
c) why is it important to teach kids how to properly identify their body parts appropriately?
5) List one example of biological essentialism (you may even consider this concept in the context of racism!) and name one figure in sexuality studies that fought against biological essentialism.
6) Is it possible for an intersex bisexual identifying person to also be a gender non-conforming femme AND asexual poly-romantic? Why or why not?
7) According to lectures- why do you think it’s necessary for a black masculine lesbian to refer to themselves as “stud” – discuss this. How might this identity serve them both publicly and privately?
8) What is the difference between fetishizing an object versus fetishizing a human being?
If you address the documents please cite them. I do have more powerpoints that i will attach for reference in case you may need. Answers just need to make sense and understanding of the question. No need to be extremely long.