You will discuss assigned questions for the Module/Week.
• Answers to questions must be supported with research and citations. It is not unusual, for instance, to have 3–4 citations per paragraph in doctoral-level research.
• Remember also that writing a research paper, especially at the doctoral-level, requires you to weave in ideas from numerous sources and then in turn synthesizing those ideas to create fresh insights and knowledge.
• 12-14 pages of content, double-spaced
• Must include citations from all readings and presentations for the assigned module (including the Fischer presentations and readings) and at least 20 scholarly sources
• Must include Biblical integration (the Fischer sources will help to that end)
• Current APA format
Module/Week 1 Essay
Discuss the following:
• Evaluate competing worldview/philosophical perspectives on ethics.
• Discuss the role that ethics plays in the public administration context.
• Synthesize a Biblical/covenantal model of statesmanship, leadership and organizational behavior with the above.
Ethics provide accountability between the public and the administration. Adhering to a code of ethics ensures that the public receives what it needs in a fair manner. It also gives the administration guidelines for integrity in their operations. That integrity, in turn, helps foster the trust of the community.
Administrative ethics refers to well-based standards of right and wrong that prescribe what public administrators ought to do in terms of duty to public service, principles, virtues, and benefits to society.