1. The paper should follow APA style. Please refer to the following website if you are not familiar with APA, or ask for assistance in the Academic Learning Center. The paper should be 3-4 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page.
2. Resources should be from a reputable source. 5-6 resources are required, and at least 2 should be journal articles utilized from the library databases at BRTC or PUBMED. The other 3-4 resources should include your textbook, other textbooks, reputable websites or interview of an individual that suffers from the disease/condition. (please do not use their real name in the paper!!) Please note that many online resources are not reputable. Examples of approved websites are American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, USDA, FDA, National Institutes of Health, National Kidney Foundation, Mayo Clinic. If you have any questions regarding resources, please contact your instructor.
3. Required content: Students should discuss the following topics in the paper. Refer to the rubric for more details on what is expected on each topic of discussion.
a) Introduction/Background of the disease/condition
b) Etiology (causes) of the disease/condition
c) Medical diagnosis, medical treatment and possible medications
d) Nutrition problems associated with disease/condition and nutrition interventions recommended
4. Please note that there is a section in the rubric that includes formatting, grammar, punctuation and spelling. If you have any issues writing your paper, please seek out a tutor in the Academic Learning Center for assistance. If you have questions regarding the content that is required, contact your instructor.
5. The paper will be submitted. Plagiarism is not tolerated. Please refer to handbook for details regarding plagiarism. Do not overuse quotes, but be sure to use quotations when they are needed to give credit to the author.
6. Timeliness: I do not accept late assignments. This project is worth 100 points, so please make every effort to submit in a timely manner.