Pick your own topic for the outline
PROPOSALS (5% of Final Course Grade)
Student proposals should include:
1. the proposed topic
• identify the specific terrorist group or movement you have selected for your project
• You may select any terrorist group or movement that has left their mark in their world
• You can use the following links as resources to find/consider organizations:
o <link is hidden> State Department, List of Foreign Terrorist Organizations:
<link is hidden> /> o Office of the Direction of National Intelligence:
<link is hidden> <link is hidden> /> 2. a brief outline of what will be investigated in the project
• While you are expected to produce your own arguments, you should consider the
following questions while approaching their topic:
o How is terrorism defined in the 20th and 21st century (legally, culturally, and
o What is the goal/purpose of your terrorist organization?
o Who considers your specific group a terrorist organization? Why?
o What are the major conclusions historians have drawn about this specific
o What can the history of this specific terrorist organization tell us about world
history since 1945?
• Based on the above questions and the preliminary research that has been completed,
write a brief outline of what will be investigated in your project
3. the preliminary list of sources
• Using MLA formatting provide your current Works Cited Page
The instructor will review proposals and accept/reject topics, providing necessary feedback and
guidance in a timely fashion.