Discussion: Identify three effects of “good parenting.”
In an organized and well-supported mini five-paragraph essay, identify three effects of “good parenting.”
– Mini essays should include an introductory paragraph (with thesis), three body paragraphs (each with a topic sentence stating the main point), and a concluding paragraph.
– Length: no less than 1,000 words, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font size.
– This essay is to consist of your own thoughts, words, and ideas.
– ABSOLUTELY NO secondary sources are to be used in this essay.
– The first person “I” is not used in a formal essay.
• Is the essay organized? If not, what’s missing?
• Does the opening sentence attract the reader’s attention? Why or why not? What makes it interesting or how might it be improved?
• Is there a thesis statement and is it clear? If not, what is unclear? Does it relate specifically to the body paragraphs?
• Are there three specific points in the body of the essay? Does each body paragraph open with a topic sentence that states the main point of the paragraph?
• Is there enough detail/example in each body paragraph to accurately support its point? If not, what could be added?
• Is the conclusion effective? Does it summarize the content of the mini essay? If not, how might it be more effective?
Be sure to proofread and edit for proper grammar, punctuation, diction (word choice).