Research papers Hub will write your paper.
Personal and Professional Development
Personal and professional development are aligned. Consider the three scenarios given below and choose one to discuss how and why you would seek personal and professional development to enhance your knowledge or skill level (that is, education, supervision, ethics, and licensure board consultation). Use your Clinical Interviewing text and one additional article to guide you in discussing the following:
- What is your first impression of this case in regard to personal self-awareness (what comes up for you)?
- What is the clinical developmental concern in this chosen case?
- What type of personal or professional development do you need?
Following are the three scenarios:
- Case 1: You live and work in a community setting but recently was set up with an urban client with different beliefs than your own and countertransference is evident.
- Case 2: A client enquires about adding more sessions a week and suggest a new therapy approach found online that you have never heard of or practiced.
- Case 3:Your license is due to be renewed in six months and you have not earned the CEUs you need to renew and work will not allow time off for continued education.
Respond to the post of at least one of your peers. Responses should be substantive and contribute to the conversation by asking questions, respectfully debating positions, and presenting supporting information relevant to the topic. Please review the Faculty Expectations for any other requirements for peer responses.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Describe professional development activities designed to improve self-awareness and understanding of the duties of a counselor, and cultural competence.
- Identify requirement and processes for obtaining licensure.
- Discuss the development of a counselor identity in areas of advocacy, professional membership, and contributions to the field.