Option number 1: Write an essay discussing the history and philosophy of happiness and the role of positive psychology in promoting happiness through counselling and/or coaching. The essay will include an overview of the concept of happiness, a discussion of the ways in which happiness can be measured and an analysis of the role of positive psychology in the promotion of happiness through counselling and / or coaching. Your essay needs to discuss the application of positive psychology techniques to the promotion of happiness. Evidence of familiarity with relevant literature and theory is required.
or Option number 2: Evaluate the critique of positive psychology raised by Miller (2008, p. 606): “The model of mental health depicted by positive psychology turns out to be little more than a caricature of an extravert – a bland, shallow, goal-driven careerist whose positive attitudes, certainties and ‘high self-esteem’ mask the fact that he lacks the very qualities that would enable him to attain a degree of true self -knowledge or wisdom, and to really grow as a human being”. The essay will need to include an analysis of the above critique of positive psychology, a discussion of how positive psychology may perpetuate a stereotypical ‘ideal’ individual and include a discussion of the application of positive psychology techniques. Evidence of familiarity with relevant literature and theory is required.
Reference Miller, A. (2008). A critique of positive Psychology—or ‘The new science of happiness’. Journal of Philosophy of Education, 42(3‐4), 591-608. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9752.2008.00646
• Using the guidelines given above, your essay will be marked on the following criteria: An overview of the concepts provided
• Relevant discussion of the concepts involved
• The role of positive psychology through counselling and/or coaching analysed
• The application of positive psychology techniques discussed
• Evidence of familiarity with relevant literature and theory
• Clear and logical presentation which includes introduction and conclusion
• Academic writing style is used, including correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
• Work count is within + or – 10% of requirement
• In-text referencing and reference list follows APA referencing style (6th ed.) as set out in the Academic Skills Guide (minimum four references)
THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED BY OUR WRITERS
Order your custom answer