The Complete Persepolis, by Marjane Satrapi
Response Questions Set I
Be sure to give quoted examples from the text to support your answers.
1. Where does the veil appear? What does it symbolize?
2. Describe one drawing or panel of drawings that appeals to you. What do the drawings add to the writing?
3. In this book Satrapi is trying to dispel certain myths and assumptions about Iran. Describe one assumption that you had about Iran that this story has helped you to shift.
4. Describe something about Iran that you did not know that this story has taught you.
5. The various political affiliations in this story are quite complex. Answer these short questions– no quotes needed:
a. How did the Shah come into power?
b. Who protests against the Shah, and why?
c. Why do Marjane’s grandfather and uncle become communist?
d. When and how does the Revolution become an Islamic Revolution?
THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED BY OUR WRITERS
Order your custom answer