To prepare for this Assignment:
• Consider the assigned readings from the first 3 weeks of this course.
• Review the explanation of Walden University’s DEEP-C Model General Education Learning Outcome “Discovery” in the Syllabus.
• **Consider “Discovery” as it relates to the work you are doing in this course.
• Bearing in mind the amount of information that is readily available in current times, think about how people involved in social movements of the past gained information on the social issue and related topics.
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph journal entry in which you address the following questions:
• What appropriate sources of information will be used to support your group’s claims about your topic (HEALTH CARE DISPARITIES)?
• At this early stage in the process of investigating your topic, what advantages do you see in conducting research to discover various factors associated with the topic?
• In what ways does the ability to conduct research strengthen your group’s approach?
General Education Learning Outcomes (The DEEP-C Model)
Discovery: Students will locate and identify appropriate sources of information using multiple sources and methods, including bibliographic, textual, experiential, and experimental research.
Evaluation: Students will critically assess texts and arguments in multiple forms and contexts using quantitative and qualitative logic, the scientific method, ethics, and pragmatics.
• Expression: Students will effectively and ethically communicate information and opinions verbally and non verbally using written, oral, behavioral, and visual methods adapted for diverse audiences and purposes.
• Perspective: Students will be able to articulate the consistency and flexibility of knowledge as it is experienced across time, space, and culture.
• Change: Students will articulate how their ability to discover, evaluate, and express ideas from different perspectives is instrumental in their progress toward achieving personal goals and effecting positive social change.
• Loeb, P. R. (2010). Soul of a citizen: Living with conviction in challenging times (Rev. ed.). New York, NY: St. Martin’s Griffin.
o Chapter 3, “One Step at a Time” (pp. 64–81)
o Chapter 4, “The Cynical Smirk” (pp. 82–104)
o Chapter 5, “Unforeseen Fruits” (pp. 105–124)
• iSixSigma. (2012). Determine the root cause: 5 whys. Retrieved from http://www.isixsigma.com/tools-templates/cause-effect/determine-root-cause-5-whys/
THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED BY OUR WRITERS
Order your custom answer